MLG open for orders-pick up May 20
Monroe Locally Grown is open for online orders for the May 20 pick up. Hop on and take a look at this weeks offerings. Market will close online Monday, May 18 at 8 pm.https://monroe.locallygrown.net/
Hope to see you at Wednesday’s pick up!
A little longer to order!
Good Morning everyone!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day was very busy for us and kind of got away from us. Dinner at 9:30! With that being said, I am going to leave the market open for online orders a little longer and close it Tuesday at 9 am. This will give anyone else whose Mother’s Day got away from them a little longer to browse and order.
*Growers-I will send your harvest email after the close of market on Tuesday morning.
Thanks, Have a great day!
Monroe Locally Grown Is Officially Open!
Our market is officially open and ready for orders. Please browse our items and orders can be placed until 8pm Monday.
Pick up will be at the Walton County AG Center 1208 Criswell Road Monroe, GA 30655 on Wednesday from 4:30-7.
Payments can by made at pick up by exact cash or credit card (3.5% processing fee will be added for credit/debit card transactions).
You can pay via Venmo to @monroelocallygrown in advance or can scan our QR Code at pick up. This allows you to use money in your Venmo account, your linked bank account/debit card, or credit card. This option is free unless you use a credit card. Venmo charges a 3% fee for credit card transactions. You can make notations to describe what the transaction will be used for.
You can pay via Zelle to firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is also free. Check with your bank for Zelle info and availability. Most banks offer Zelle with your online banking.
Hope to see you at the Market!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Monroe Locally Grown Online Farmers Market is opening May 10th!
I hope this email finds you healthy and well!
Our market is getting ready to open on May 10th! We are very excited to get things started!
Due to Covid-19 some of our original plans had to be changed.
New pick up location!*
Due to Covid-19 a decision has been made to change our pick up location from Downtown Monroe to the The Walton County Agriculture Education Center. This location will provide more options for social distancing and limited contact pick up. Sad that we have to even say that, but we want to open to provide the community with fresh, local, healthy products in the safest way possible.
*Pick up will be 4:30-7pm on Wednesdays at:
The Walton County Agriculture Education Center
1208 Criswell Road
Monroe, GA 30655
We will bag your items for you before you arrive. We will not be able to use your bags, bins, or boxes. (No earth friendly options during the Age of Coronavirus!) Refrigerated and frozen foods will be bagged when you arrive. We will try to complete this process as quickly as possible.
This has been the subject that took the most thought to figure a way to make it convenient, cost effective, and safe for everyone.
Here are the best options we found:
1. You can pay via Venmo to @monroelocallygrown in advance or can scan our QR Code at pick up. This allows you to use money in your Venmo account, your linked bank account/debit card, or credit card. This option is free unless you use a credit card. Venmo charges a 3% fee for credit card transactions. You can make notations to describe what the transaction will be used for.
2. You can pay via Zelle to email@example.com. This option is also free. Check with your bank for Zelle info and availability. Most banks offer Zelle with your online banking.
3. You can pay into your account in advance and draw down over time. This is a very convenient method, since you only have to think about it every once in a while.
To add to your account:
Let me know the amount you would like to deposit into your Monroe Locally Grown Account.
You can pay with Venmo, Zelle, cash, check, or credit card swipe.
Once I adjust your account online, you will receive an email letting you know the deposit was made and the total of your new balance.
4. Pay with Cash. Due to Covid-19, we are trying to limit the handling of cash. If you would like to pay with cash, please place your exact payment, (no change will be available), in an envelope with your name and the amount of your payment so check out will be easy. If you would also like to include a deposit to your account please indicate that on the envelope as well.
5. Pay with check-We will only accept checks for advance deposits in customer accounts. If you would like to use a check for your deposit, please place your check in an envelope with your name and the amount you would like to deposit.
6. Pay with credit/debit card in person-We will take in-person credit card payments. This option will have a 3.5% processing fee added to your order to help cover our costs. We will clean the screens and station after each customer use.
We are not offering online payments through our website at this time. It is not cost effective for our market, growers, or customers.
I think that is all the major changes for now!
We would also like to thank our partners for all of their help and support!
Walton Local Food Alliance
Downtown Monroe Farmers Market
Walton County – UGA Extension
We would like to thank The Wayfarer Hotel in Downtown Monroe for the generous offer to hold our pick up in the Sunroom! While you are in the area, check out the Wayfarer and the Downtown Monroe Shops. There you will find so many great shops, restaurants, antiques, and people!
Thank you to Walton County UGA Extension for jumping on board to partner with us and allowing us to use the AG Center for our pick up! We are so glad to have you join us!
The market will open online 12 am May 10. You will be able to browse our market and place orders until 8 pm Monday, May 11.
Once the market closes online, our fabulous growers will be notified of their orders for the week and begin to harvest and prepare your items. Our growers will harvest Tuesday and Wednesday for you to pick up on Wednesday, May 13.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you at the Market in May!
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, stay safe and well!